Monday, August 21, 2006

"These are Things..."

"Rough were the mountain stones, and the path very narrow...
At dawn I left the mountain and, alone, lost my way;
In and out , up and down, while a heavy mist
made brook and mountain green and purple, brightening everything.
I am passing pines and oaks which ten men could not girdle,
I am treading pebbles barefoot
in swift-running water,
Its ripples purify my ear
while a soft wind blows my garments...
These are things...which,
in themselves, make life happy..." Han Yu
Enjoy your day...DSD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, very, very cool!

Anonymous said...

In August of last year, a group of friends and I were just completing the Northover Continental Divide trip in south Kananaskis. We each found a summit stone on our two cars when we returned and were moved by the gift! Thanks so much!